Aggie's Music

I usually blab about film scores on this blog, but I don't mind the occasional tangent towards other interests. :)

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Post-tonal Theory

Ooooo, I haven't updated in a loooong time!

I'm going to have a debate next week in my post-tonal theory class in regards to this topic:

"That which is identified as 'atonal music' should be promoted and performed."

I am con, even though I wanted to be pro... my poor heart. :P But it gives me a chance to look at both sides of this.. I would say.. musically-controversial statement. You think about it for a bit and I will provide my personal insight next week.

Bye!

She wore bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue velveeeeeeeet................

3 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger BOOM K!D said…

    I want to become your follower. I'm at work and I have a closed network. Drop me a line! I want to be a film composer too!

    Add me! We have things in common! This month Im realeasing tons of cool tunes for real, Im using Ableton for the first time!

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    hi this my blog of cartoon animations and shorts and inspirational movies. Please take a look. If you found interesting please give a link to my blog.
    Thanks and regards
    Jassy

    http://jassy555.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Joseph Pingel said…

    I agree with you. While you can do anything you want to make music, in my opinion, atonal music does not rank high in whistlability.

    I'm all impressed if someone can break all the rules of music and put together something acceptable to the ear.

    However, in my experience, those that play atonal music, really don't know what the heck music is.

    Joseph Pingel
    www.keyeduppiano.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home