Aggie's Music

I usually blab about film scores on this blog, but I don't mind the occasional tangent towards other interests. :)

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Basil Poledouris (1945 - 2006)

I didn't know about this a few days later, but considering all the stress this past week has piled on my chest, I suppose it was best that way.

A great film composer left us on November 8th. He goes by the name of Basil Poledouris. He did a load of work, but you may know him best for his work on Conan the Barbarian, Hunt for Red October, and Starship Troopers. I would remember him for his work on Free Willy, which is in my collection.

He was one of those composers that I was excited to meet in the future. He appeared at the Ubeda Film Music Congress 2006 in Spain between July 20th and 23rd. It peeved me that I would be visiting Spain two months earlier, therefore missing the opportunity to meet the man. I was encouraged to obtain the chance next year, but now I know it's too late to see this film composer.

Rest in peace, Basil. I'll be sure to catch up on your work in the past. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home