Aggie's Music

I usually blab about film scores on this blog, but I don't mind the occasional tangent towards other interests. :)

Monday, June 05, 2006

What I'm doing with this blog

I've decided to use this blogspot as a teacher for those who want to get into the field of film music.. badly. I'm not experienced just yet, but with my kind of determination, I think I can give you guys the right kind of advice. Plus, I'm doing my best to start at a young age. I'm 19 now.. hoping for the big guns at 25.

So, if you want to be a film composer and you don't know what to do over the summer, I suggest you go to the nearest bookstore and find some damn books. There isn't much on the subject, but they're out there.. the more recent, the better. I'm reading one at the moment (an old one, I'll admit) and I'll post a review once I've closed the book.

In the meantime, bookmark this page. I'll also be suggesting some wicked composers that you may never have heard of before.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Kevin Langley said…

    Cool, I'm always up for new music so I'm looking forward to hearing about different composers.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    Hehe, thanks for the comment.. and best of luck with your composing endeavors.. I bookmarked your blog because it looks like it's going to be really interesting

    Be well :)
    ~Tara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home